Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thunder in the Ochocos Cowboy Mounted Shooting Event

This is the last CMSA event I had planned on attending this year, but due to an injury to my horse (Roscoe P. Coltrane) I will not be able to participate. My club, The Lone Pine Rangers of Prineville Oregon put on this amsll but very eventful shoot. There is a Friday fun shoot, which this year will be a 3 person team, where two shooters will shoot 5 targets with there revolvers while the 3rd member makes a run with a shotgun. Then comes a 6 stage match shoot on Saturday and Sunday with awards to follow. The great thing about coming to one of the shoots put on by the Lone Pine Rangers, is that no shooter goes home empty handed.

This is a great shoot for the family as many Wranglers (ages 3 - 13) get to also run the stages, granted with cap guns, not real revolvers, but they love it just the same. My daughter is one of these riders, so I will be focused on helping her get ready to ride this week-end.

Normally I will be giving the readers a rundown of how I did at the shoot, but since the injury, I will just update the winners of each level for everyone to read.

Looking forward to hearing from people interested in learning more about Cowboy Mounted Shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment